about       read       kids       food       etc.       contact

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{read} Kiki and Coco in Paris




I'm completely smitten with Kiki and Coco in Paris by Nina Gruener. I learned about it the same way I learn about most of the coolest things I've ever learned about, via GOOP.com. I ordered it a few weeks ago, and it's been on constant nap-time and night-time story rotation. At first I felt a little silly about loving it so much because...did my kids really like it? Or was I just selfishly pushing my obsession with Paris and cute clothes on them?

Well, my 4 year old daughter asks to read it at every sleep and my 2 year old daughter was recently hanging halfway over her crib yelling "read more CooooooCoooooooooooooo!!!!" at 9:45pm. So if that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is. Equal parts stylish and sentimental, this book made me want to cry but also immediately go shoe shopping. It's a simple, pretty scrapbook of a Parisian adventure starring a little girl (Kiki) and her doll (Coco). This book has also put these really cool dolls by Jess Brown on my radar, which I really could have done without because they are ungodly expensive. But reallllllly want to put one in an Easter basket. As I told my husband, "I want to get this crazily expensive doll and then give all the other toys and dolls away and just start from scratch with nothing but wooden and hand-made loveliness." (He nicely pretended to know what I was talking about, and then quickly changed the subject).

Back to the book: it's adorable;  so please get it or check it out from your library or give it to someone you love as a present.

What books have you and your family enjoyed recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment